I just received my property tax bill and it is more than I had expected?

If you feel that the assessed value of your property is too high there is something you can do.  You can petition your tax bill.  How do you go about doing that?  You will need to contact your County’s Property Appraiser’s office.  In Broward County Florida you just log onto http://www.bcpa.net/ and click on “Appeals & Petitions,” pay the $15 filing fee, and follow the rest of the instructions.  It’s that easy.  The article below talks about how more homeowners are doing just that.  What’s the worst that can happen, they say no?