Fibbing Home Sellers

I don’t know a whole heck of a lot on this subject but what I do know is how to protect yourself.  You need to need with professionals and experts in their field which include the mortgage professional, real estate agent, title attorney, and home inspector.  By doing that you can protect yourself from everything mentioned in the article that could be told to you incorrectly or on purpose. 

“Given the complexity of disclosure laws, it’s not surprising that potential buyers don’t hear about every problem in a house. Besides the issue of fibbing, sellers may genuinely not know about problems. And even if they do, the laws generally don’t apply to bank-owned homes transferred in foreclosures, which now constitute a larger share of sales.Buyers need to do their own due diligence and not rely exclusively on what sellers and agents say. They should hire an independent home inspector or home-inspection engineer, one not referred by the seller—and be aware that real-estate agents typically represent the seller.”