Mistakes Homebuyers Make
This is a great article from the Sun-Sentinel about the “5 mistakes home buyers make.” There are certainly more than just 5 but here are the 5 they listed:
- Sticking with low ball offers
- Taking too much time to “sleep on it.”
- Littering the contract with contingencies
- Failing to make a good impression on the seller
- Waiting to get pre-approved for a mortgage before starting the search
I feel my top 3 would be:
- Shopping for an interest rate – a loan is much more than a rate. The lowest rate lots of the time is not the the best and least costly product.
- Listening to friends, family, co-workers, etc. who are not experts.
- Not getting pre-approved in advance – I am referring to weeks and months in advance. Not a day before