Are You Looking for an FHA First Time Home Buyer Loan Program? If you are a first-time home buyer (you haven’t owned a primary residence in the past 3 years) in Fort Lauderdale, South Florida, or anywhere in the State of Florida and you are not working with someone that offers you incentives you need to call us today at
I think the biggest reason so many miss out on thousands of dollars is because everyone thinks the #1 thing to ask is “what is your interest rate?” It is NOT all about an interest rate, it’s about what is the best product for you and your family. You need to be working with someone who is going to give you all of your options otherwise you won’t know what the best loan is until it’s too late.
Let me leave you with a great quote – “If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur.” – Sileen Foot.
If you are first time homebuyer purchasing a home in South Florida or anywhere in the State of Florida you need to be speaking to us because we offer real first time homebuyer products. Not just your regular FHA loans. The best program we have is the Mortgage Credit Certificate. A great way to view this product is if you were getting a loan for $250,000 and rates were at say 4.5% for example, getting the $2,000 tax credit is equivalent to having a rate of 3.375%.
Contact us today to find out more!
Here is information directly from Florida Housing and we are a participating lender!
The Florida Housing Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program can help first time homebuyers save money each year that they live in their home. With the MCC Program the homeowner can claim up to 50 percent of their paid mortgage interest each year as a TAX CREDIT on their federal IRS tax return. The credit is capped at $2000 annually and any remaining mortgage interest not included as part of the TAX CREDIT is still eligible for the home mortgage interest deduction on their federal tax return.
Each year, a homeowner may claim a dollar-for-dollar reduction of income tax liability on 50 percent of the mortgage interest on their first mortgage, reducing the amount of federal taxes owed by as much as $2000.
Florida Housing’s MCC Program is for first time homebuyers purchasing a home, non-first time homebuyers purchasing a home in targeted areas in Florida or for eligible veterans purchasing a home anywhere in Florida.
The Florida Housing MCC can be issued with any participatinglenders fixed rate first mortgage loan. It cannot be used with our First Time Homebuyer (bond loan) Program or local housing agency bond loans.
The MCC Program has income and purchase price limits. These limits differ from county to county as well as by household size. Please contact a participating lender if you have questions or would like to apply for a MCC.
Please visit the following link for additional information about this program.
Contact us today at 954-903-7256
If you are looking for down payment assistance for the purchase of your new home in Fort Lauderdale, South Florida, or anywhere in the State of Florida then we are your experts for that. There are multiple types of assistance available: Below are some highlights of what the Florida First features:
- Up to $10,000 available
- First Time Homebuyers only – someone who hasn’t owned their legal residence in the past 3 years. Applies to the buyer and spouse even if the spouse isn’t going on the loan or deed.
- 3 years of tax returns for all borrowers and spouses
- You must have a minimum of a 640 middle credit score
- Anyone who will be on the deed and spouse must complete the 8 hour homebuyer education. You will want to set this up immediately. Click here to find an approved counseling agency in your area. Also, your lender may refer you to a counselor.
- You must be within the Household income limits. To find out the income limits for your County click on the link below, click on the First Time Homebuyer Program image in green, choose your County, and the Number of People Living in the Household: www.floridahousing.org. The household size is determined by the number of people permanently residing in the property.
If you or anyone you know is looking to purchase a home in the South Florida or Fort Lauderdale area then they need to speak with us! We have a multitude of programs available for First Time Home Buyer’s and as you can see above there are some great incentives out there right now. Please do not hesitate to contact us today at 954-903-7256.